ABC stuffs up... yet again!
John_H
2016-12-28 22:23:08 UTC
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?

The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!

Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
John H
Government Shill #2
2016-12-28 23:13:02 UTC
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
Ours is from Melbourne and it was Kenya.
Post by John_H
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
I didn't notice that.
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.

No mention of their Facebook page either, but that's not a big surprise.

Shill #2
24 beers in a carton. 24 hours in a day. Hmmmm.......
John_H
2016-12-29 00:37:45 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
Ours is from Melbourne and it was Kenya.
I stand corrected. It'd already started when "jet fuel sniffing"
caught my attention from the other end of the room and I incorrectly
assumed it was local news.
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
I didn't notice that.
It was mentioned towards the end of the report.
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
No mention of their Facebook page either, but that's not a big surprise.
Kenya or local, it almost certainly wouldn't pass a facts check!
John H
alvey
2016-12-29 03:28:46 UTC
Post by John_H
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
No mention of their Facebook page either, but that's not a big surprise.
Kenya or local, it almost certainly wouldn't pass a facts check!
It would if you were doing the checking...

alvey
John_H
2016-12-29 02:52:33 UTC
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
Found it (or at least the basis of the ABC report)!...
http://video.genfb.com/10155981448139988

Very obviously whoever compiled it doesn't know the difference between
avgas and avtur (jet fuel)... presumably the Kenyan kids are sniffing
avgas.
John H
Government Shill #2
2016-12-29 03:22:18 UTC
Post by John_H
Post by Government Shill #2
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
Found it (or at least the basis of the ABC report)!...
http://video.genfb.com/10155981448139988
Very obviously whoever compiled it doesn't know the difference between
avgas and avtur (jet fuel)... presumably the Kenyan kids are sniffing
avgas.
Correct. The story showed them sniffing blue liquid. As this picture shows,
AVGAS 100LL is coloured blue.

Shill #2
--
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance
to those of us who do.
Isaac Asimov
felix
2016-12-29 03:03:32 UTC
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
No mention of their Facebook page either, but that's not a big surprise.
Shill #2
--
24 beers in a carton. 24 hours in a day. Hmmmm.......
24 months waiting for a liver transplant..
I plan on living forever. So far so good!
Government Shill #2
2016-12-29 03:23:12 UTC
Post by felix
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
I can't find it on the ABC website or via Google either. Strange.
No mention of their Facebook page either, but that's not a big surprise.
Shill #2
--
24 beers in a carton. 24 hours in a day. Hmmmm.......
24 months waiting for a liver transplant..
I've got private hospital insurance. :)

Shill #2
--
To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Homer J. Simpson
felix
Noddy
2016-12-29 01:36:32 UTC
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
No. "Jet Fuel". Is that a new way of talking up Kerosene?
Post by John_H
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Most journalists seem to be
fuckwits these days, with the "truth" being an optional extra.
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
Maybe, although I don't know why they'd bother.

I don't know why anyone bothers with the ABC. When it's not boring
people shitless it's being as wrong as the commercial networks.

I think it's *way* past it's use by date.
Regards,
Noddy.
Trevor
2016-12-30 01:30:02 UTC
Post by Noddy
I don't know why anyone bothers with the ABC. When it's not boring
people shitless it's being as wrong as the commercial networks.
Well that's the point, it's bad, but certainly no worse than any of the
other networks.

Trevor.
Noddy
2016-12-30 01:40:54 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Noddy
I don't know why anyone bothers with the ABC. When it's not boring
people shitless it's being as wrong as the commercial networks.
Well that's the point, it's bad, but certainly no worse than any of the
other networks.
Good. So fuck it off. Why do *we* have to pay for it?
Regards,
Noddy.
Jeßus
2016-12-30 01:55:46 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
Post by Noddy
I don't know why anyone bothers with the ABC. When it's not boring
people shitless it's being as wrong as the commercial networks.
Well that's the point, it's bad, but certainly no worse than any of the
other networks.
Good. So fuck it off. Why do *we* have to pay for it?
I don't think I can take radio National any longer. Every five minutes
they're talking to or about Aboriginals. The propaganda is just
relentless and way out of balanced proportion.
felix
I plan on living forever. So far so good!
Trevor
2016-12-30 08:02:10 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
Post by Noddy
I don't know why anyone bothers with the ABC. When it's not boring
people shitless it's being as wrong as the commercial networks.
Well that's the point, it's bad, but certainly no worse than any of the
other networks.
Good. So fuck it off. Why do *we* have to pay for it?
There are lots of things necessary in a civilised society YOU don't want
to pay for, and lots of things you probably want that I don't want to
pay for! ($40+++ Billion for fixed line internet is certainly one!) ABC
is a measly pittance compared to that!

I always find it amazing how $Millionaires complain about what they
don't want to pay for, but happily expect others to pay for the mass of
infrastructure they use, as well as policing, criminal justice system,
military etc. to protect THEM from others, while the poor have little to
protect anyway, yet often pay more tax than the rich who not only avoid
income tax in many cases, but unlike the poor can often claim a rebate
on their GST. Murdoch is a classic case, always complaining about the
poor while paying no tax here at all himself! :-(
So give me the ABC news any day compared to his misinformation propagation!

Trevor.
Noddy
2016-12-30 08:39:41 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
Well that's the point, it's bad, but certainly no worse than any of the
other networks.
Good. So fuck it off. Why do *we* have to pay for it?
There are lots of things necessary in a civilised society YOU don't want
to pay for, and lots of things you probably want that I don't want to
pay for! ($40+++ Billion for fixed line internet is certainly one!) ABC
is a measly pittance compared to that!
Pittance or not, it is a useless waste of taxpayer money that I'd rather
see fucked off entirely and the money put towards more charitable causes.
Post by Trevor
I always find it amazing how $Millionaires complain about what they
don't want to pay for, but happily expect others to pay for the mass of
infrastructure they use, as well as policing, criminal justice system,
military etc. to protect THEM from others, while the poor have little to
protect anyway, yet often pay more tax than the rich who not only avoid
income tax in many cases, but unlike the poor can often claim a rebate
on their GST. Murdoch is a classic case, always complaining about the
poor while paying no tax here at all himself! :-(
I'm not sure what that completely nonsensical rant has to do with anything.
Post by Trevor
So give me the ABC news any day compared to his misinformation propagation!
Seriously, if you genuinely think that the ABC has any more integrity
than any other media outlet you're away with the fairies :)
Regards,
Noddy.
Diesel Damo
2016-12-30 09:25:51 UTC
Post by Trevor
I always find it amazing how $Millionaires complain about what they
don't want to pay for, but happily expect others to pay for the mass of
infrastructure they use, as well as policing, criminal justice system,
military etc. to protect THEM from others, while the poor have little to
protect anyway, yet often pay more tax than the rich who not only avoid
income tax in many cases, but unlike the poor can often claim a rebate
on their GST. Murdoch is a classic case, always complaining about the
poor while paying no tax here at all himself! :-(
I'm not sure what that completely nonsensical rant has to do with anything.
I think that was an expansion on "you're not allowed to complain about
this because there are worse things out there so complain about them first."
At this point, we're definitely not in Kansas.
Noddy
2016-12-30 11:12:29 UTC
Post by Diesel Damo
Post by Noddy
I'm not sure what that completely nonsensical rant has to do with anything.
I think that was an expansion on "you're not allowed to complain about
this because there are worse things out there so complain about them first."
It seemed to be, but the relevance was lost on me as we were talking
about the ABC specifically and not the media in general.
Post by Diesel Damo
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
So give me the ABC news any day compared to his misinformation propagation!
Seriously, if you genuinely think that the ABC has any more integrity
than any other media outlet you're away with the fairies :)
At this point, we're definitely not in Kansas.
Not even close.
Regards,
Noddy.
BruceS
2016-12-29 15:33:32 UTC
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
This part caught my attention. As an American, I'd never really
thought about just what restrictions the word "petrol" has. From the
above, I assume you only use it to refer to heptane et al-based fuel
mixes, what we call "gasoline" (or a bit confusingly, "gas"), and not to
any of the other petroleum-derived fuels. Is there any sort of logic to
that, or is it just another one of those "things"?

As for sniffing avgas, that seems like a very bad idea, considering
that it (at least where I'm familiar with) contains tetraethyl lead,
one of mankind's more toxic substances. Wouldn't they get just as much
a high, at lesser (though still substantial) risk, by sniffing
unleaded? When I was much younger, I knew a guy who praised (and at
least claimed to have used) "gas shit". Apparently, this involved
soaking marijuana in gasoline, letting it completely dry out, and then
smoking it. Who knows what nasty chemicals *that* involves?
Post by John_H
Went looking for a transcript on the ABC website this morning and
couldn't find it. Looks like someone might've been alerted to the
furphy and pulled it (the offender ought be sacked if they have).
It seems that major media "news" sources all over the world are
improving efficiency and cutting costs by eliminating all that pesky
and pointless "fact checking". Good for them! It's supposed to be
about increasing viewership so ad revenues increase, not dispensing
accurate information.
Jeßus
2016-12-29 18:26:08 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by John_H
[...]
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
I suspect the high is better from avgas compared to gasoline as well.
Noddy
2016-12-29 21:33:38 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
As for sniffing avgas, that seems like a very bad idea, considering
that it (at least where I'm familiar with) contains tetraethyl lead,
one of mankind's more toxic substances. Wouldn't they get just as much
a high, at lesser (though still substantial) risk, by sniffing
unleaded?
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
I suspect the high is better from avgas compared to gasoline as well.
Yeah, I don't think they'd be too concerned about the long term health
issues :)
Regards,
Noddy.
BruceS
2016-12-29 23:14:35 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
As for sniffing avgas, that seems like a very bad idea, considering
that it (at least where I'm familiar with) contains tetraethyl lead,
one of mankind's more toxic substances. Wouldn't they get just as much
a high, at lesser (though still substantial) risk, by sniffing
unleaded?
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
I suspect the high is better from avgas compared to gasoline as well.
I missed that the avgas is freely available to them. No, I wouldn't
expect them to spend any money for a little safety. The fact that
they're doing this at all indicates a somewhat reduced concern for
health.
That made me laugh, but I guess it should make us sad instead.
Jeßus
2016-12-30 00:18:41 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by Noddy
Yeah, I don't think they'd be too concerned about the long term health
issues :)
That made me laugh, but I guess it should make us sad instead.
Aussies do it every fucking day, feeding their faces at maccas or not
buying real food for groceries.
BruceS
2016-12-30 16:03:27 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
Post by Noddy
Yeah, I don't think they'd be too concerned about the long term health
issues :)
That made me laugh, but I guess it should make us sad instead.
Aussies do it every fucking day, feeding their faces at maccas or not
buying real food for groceries.
Same thing here, and I suspect all over the developed world. I saw a
stat recently about how much poor people spend on tobacco. I can't
recall the exact numbers, but a quick check found an article about
New York residents with incomes under $30K (not what I call "poor", but
apparently the definition is flexible) spending 25% of their income on
cigarettes. Add in the fast food, sugar-loaded drinks, etc. and it's a
wonder any of them survive into old age.
Jeßus
2016-12-30 19:30:37 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
Post by Noddy
Yeah, I don't think they'd be too concerned about the long term health
issues :)
That made me laugh, but I guess it should make us sad instead.
Aussies do it every fucking day, feeding their faces at maccas or not
buying real food for groceries.
Same thing here, and I suspect all over the developed world. I saw a
stat recently about how much poor people spend on tobacco. I can't
recall the exact numbers, but a quick check found an article about
New York residents with incomes under $30K (not what I call "poor", but
apparently the definition is flexible) spending 25% of their income on
cigarettes. Add in the fast food, sugar-loaded drinks, etc. and it's a
wonder any of them survive into old age.
Yep, poor westerners DO spend more on tobacco and other crap. No doubt
about that at all. Tasmanians are especially bad for it I've noticed.
Noddy
2016-12-30 21:27:31 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by Jeßus
Aussies do it every fucking day, feeding their faces at maccas or not
buying real food for groceries.
Same thing here, and I suspect all over the developed world.
It's *way* worse in the US than anywhere else I would imagine.

I once used Google street view to "walk" around New York, and in one
city block I counted 14 or so fast food outlets.
Regards,
Noddy.
Trevor
2016-12-30 01:37:17 UTC
Post by Jeßus
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
How do they get avgas for free that they can't do with unleaded?

Trevor.
Xeno
2016-12-30 09:56:00 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
How do they get avgas for free that they can't do with unleaded?
Trevor.
You've heard the term; *third world country*, have you not?

Having lived and worked in one, *absolutely nothing* would ever surprise
me. I could relate stories that you simply wouldn't believe but they
happen every day. You just need to be there!
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 11:11:09 UTC
Post by Xeno
Having lived and worked in one, *absolutely nothing* would ever surprise
me. I could relate stories that you simply wouldn't believe but they
happen every day. You just need to be there!
You're absolutely right there buddy.

Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis :)
Regards,
Noddy.
jonz@ nothere.com
2016-12-30 11:24:22 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Having lived and worked in one, *absolutely nothing* would ever surprise
me. I could relate stories that you simply wouldn't believe but they
happen every day. You just need to be there!
You're absolutely right there buddy.
Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
Post by Noddy
Regards,
Noddy.
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:18:48 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
You're absolutely right there buddy.
Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
ROTFL :)

And there's yet another fucktard with the IQ of a Dim Sim who's been
totally conned by Krypsis's bullshit.

Well done Johnny. Krypsis will no doubt be jerking off like crazy over
you now :)
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:39:56 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
You're absolutely right there buddy.
Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist
under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
ROTFL :)
And there's yet another fucktard with the IQ of a Dim Sim who's been
totally conned by Krypsis's bullshit.
Well done Johnny. Krypsis will no doubt be jerking off like crazy over
you now :)
There, there, Noddy. Keep your fantasies to yourself.

This is aus.cars you know!

Go find yourself a room and have a meet up with your bum chums!
That'll sate your warped desires - hopefully!
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 13:38:10 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
And there's yet another fucktard with the IQ of a Dim Sim who's been
totally conned by Krypsis's bullshit.
Well done Johnny. Krypsis will no doubt be jerking off like crazy over
you now :)
There, there, Noddy. Keep your fantasies to yourself.
It's not my fantasy, you fucking rockape. Jonz is the one who thinks the
sun shines out of your funnel shaped arse, so perhaps you need to direct
your advice towards that retarded glucose monster.
Regards,
Noddy.
jonz@ nothere.com
2016-12-30 13:13:06 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
You're absolutely right there buddy.
Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
ROTFL :)
And there's yet another fucktard with the IQ of a Dim Sim who's been
totally conned by Krypsis's bullshit.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
No, I had you pegged as a attention seeking bullshitter 10 or more years ago.
Post by Noddy
Well done Johnny. Krypsis will no doubt be jerking off like crazy over
you now
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Sounds like you better get in touch with linsey. Fantasy man......
Post by Noddy
Regards,
Noddy.
Noddy
2016-12-30 13:39:46 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
And there's yet another fucktard with the IQ of a Dim Sim who's been
totally conned by Krypsis's bullshit.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
No, I had you pegged as a attention seeking bullshitter 10 or more years ago.
Well good for you Johnny. *I* thought you were a man of your word who
would come down and give me the fucking *slapping* I so desperately
deserve...

But no. You really are nothing but a shit talking wimp.

Bugger.
Regards,
Noddy.
lindsay
2016-12-30 21:01:06 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
Post by Noddy
Well done Johnny. Krypsis will no doubt be jerking off like crazy over
you now
FAir bit of real-estate to cover in baby batter... Unless Jonzey Wonzey
swallows?
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Sounds like you better get in touch with linsey. Fantasy man......
Got tonsils, Johnno?

"stop naming me" he cried.

Fuck, your useless, Troll Boi. Really, what a wonderful life you have..
lindsay
2016-12-30 20:48:11 UTC
Post by Noddy
Thanks. There goes my breakfast...------>

It it Thursday? :-D
Noddy
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:24:47 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Having lived and worked in one, *absolutely nothing* would ever surprise
me. I could relate stories that you simply wouldn't believe but they
happen every day. You just need to be there!
You're absolutely right there buddy.
Not only are you capable of relating stories that no one would ever
believe, but you do it around here on a daily basis
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
Don't forget, he charges $15 an hour for his toils. Probably what he's
worth if he uses *faulty valves* on his rebuilds and has valve heads
dropping off.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:28:13 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist
under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
Don't forget, he charges $15 an hour for his toils. Probably what he's
worth if he uses *faulty valves* on his rebuilds and has valve heads
dropping off.
More bullshit from you.

Going to provide a cite for that? Or are you going to claim I said it
but deleted that too?

:)
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:48:14 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist
under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
Don't forget, he charges $15 an hour for his toils. Probably what he's
worth if he uses *faulty valves* on his rebuilds and has valve heads
dropping off.
More bullshit from you.
Going to provide a cite for that? Or are you going to claim I said it
but deleted that too?
:)
You made that claim a long time ago. 2 years, maybe a bit less. I
remember making a comment about it at the time but maybe not a direct
cite. Probably deleted if you think I won't find it any more. ;-)
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 13:43:05 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
More bullshit from you.
Going to provide a cite for that? Or are you going to claim I said it
but deleted that too?
:)
You made that claim a long time ago. 2 years, maybe a bit less. I
remember making a comment about it at the time but maybe not a direct
cite. Probably deleted if you think I won't find it any more. ;-)
There is no limit to the amount of utterly nonsensical rubbish that
you're prepared to throw around in the misguided belief of making
yourself "look good". Is there?

You have absolutely no self respect at all.
Regards,
Noddy.
lindsay
2016-12-30 20:56:23 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Jealous old girl???..He`s been there and done it, whilst you exist
under a rock on a windswept mesa..Waiting around to die...
Don't forget, he charges $15 an hour for his toils. Probably what he's
worth if he uses *faulty valves* on his rebuilds and has valve heads
dropping off.
More bullshit from you.
Going to provide a cite for that? Or are you going to claim I said it
but deleted that too?
:)
You made that claim a long time ago. 2 years, maybe a bit less. I
remember making a comment about it at the time but maybe not a direct
cite. Probably deleted if you think I won't find it any more. ;-)
Gee, your imagination/bullshit generator is working overtime. We can see
whats happening... you make spurious accusations up, wont back any of
them up with facts, and then claim you are unable to find said facts.

You never had any credability anyway, Tom Clasener, lying hypocritical
cunt you are.....
lindsay
2016-12-30 20:19:56 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
LOL, do you really think they'd stop sniffing (obviously freely
available) avgas and go and buy some unleaded for health reasons?
How do they get avgas for free that they can't do with unleaded?
Trevor.
You've heard the term; *third world country*, have you not?
Having lived and worked in one, *absolutely nothing* would ever surprise
me. I could relate stories that you simply wouldn't believe but they
happen every day.
For fucks sake Tommy, you have been doing exactly that for the last 5
years, in your various guises; Krypsis, Xeno-lith, Xeno, and Tomas...
Post by Xeno
You just need to be there!
"If you haven't "done it", don't mention it. I've BTDT," xeno 13/07/14

And you believe you have. From the parting of the Red Sea, to Trumps
inauguration, you've been there and done that. what a fucking lying cunt
you are...
John_H
2016-12-29 21:56:53 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
This part caught my attention. As an American, I'd never really
thought about just what restrictions the word "petrol" has. From the
above, I assume you only use it to refer to heptane et al-based fuel
mixes, what we call "gasoline" (or a bit confusingly, "gas"), and not to
any of the other petroleum-derived fuels. Is there any sort of logic to
that, or is it just another one of those "things"?
Petrol and gasoline are interchangeable terms. Jet aircraft run on
kerosene (paraffin to the poms).
John H
BruceS
2016-12-29 23:19:20 UTC
Post by John_H
Post by BruceS
Post by John_H
Last night's 7pm news (mine comes out of Brisbane) featured a report
on "jet fuel sniffing" in remote indigenous communities. Anyone else
happen to see it?
The bullshit alarm was buzzing so loudly I didn't catch the finer
details but what did become obvious is that their news reporter thinks
jet aircraft run on petrol!
This part caught my attention. As an American, I'd never really
thought about just what restrictions the word "petrol" has. From the
above, I assume you only use it to refer to heptane et al-based fuel
mixes, what we call "gasoline" (or a bit confusingly, "gas"), and not to
any of the other petroleum-derived fuels. Is there any sort of logic to
that, or is it just another one of those "things"?
Petrol and gasoline are interchangeable terms. Jet aircraft run on
kerosene (paraffin to the poms).
Right, I knew jet fuel was essentially kerosene. So there's no more
logic to calling the other fuel "petrol" than to calling it "gasoline"?

On a tangent, over here people refer to the right-hand pedal of a car
or truck as the "gas pedal", even the vehicle burns diesel. Others
call it the "accelerator", though the middle pedal and steering wheel
also cause acceleration. There was a time when "throttle" was a better
term, but even that isn't appropriate with some engines.
Jeßus
2016-12-30 00:22:02 UTC
Post by BruceS
On a tangent, over here people refer to the right-hand pedal of a car
or truck as the "gas pedal", even the vehicle burns diesel. Others
call it the "accelerator", though the middle pedal and steering wheel
also cause acceleration.
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.

Always cracks me up when you hear about a car jacking over there and
the crims can't get away because they can't use a gear shifter or
clutch :)
Noddy
Noddy.
Trevor
2016-12-30 01:44:46 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost all
learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much now.
And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I certainly
know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.

Trevor.
felix
2016-12-30 02:31:19 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
Post by Trevor
Trevor.
I plan on living forever. So far so good!
F Murtz
No
Noddy
2016-12-30 03:37:22 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles. Obtaining a "manual" licence permitted you to drive
either, whereas an "auto" licence prohibited you from driving a manual.
Regards,
Noddy.
felix
I plan on living forever. So far so good!
F Murtz
2016-12-30 07:28:59 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles. Obtaining a "manual" licence permitted you to drive
either, whereas an "auto" licence prohibited you from driving a manual.
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
D Walford
2016-12-30 07:34:14 UTC
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles. Obtaining a "manual" licence permitted you to drive
either, whereas an "auto" licence prohibited you from driving a manual.
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Wouldn't apply to many of us but if you got a license before autos
became common say around the early 60's then a manual license was all
you could get.
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
Daryl
Noddy
2016-12-30 08:47:36 UTC
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Wouldn't apply to many of us but if you got a license before autos
became common say around the early 60's then a manual license was all
you could get.
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
Apologies, but when I made my earlier comment I didn't state things
correctly. There was only ever one type of driver's licence in Victoria
at least, but an "Automatic Transmission" condition was placed on it if
that's what was in the car you sat your test in, and for those that did
it was colloquially known as an "Auto licence". A former partner of mine
had such a licence, as try as she might the poor girl could never master
a clutch pedal.

Such conditions still exists today, but I have no idea if it's
automatically imposed if you use an automatic car for your driver's test.
Post by D Walford
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/licence-conditions
Regards,
Noddy.
Noddy
2016-12-30 08:56:26 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by D Walford
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/licence-conditions
Just
as a follow up, and which I would have seen the first time if I'd
Post by Noddy
A - Automatic transmission
If you pass your probationary drive test in a vehicle with an
automatic transmission, you can only drive vehicles with an automatic
transmission during your probationary period. This condition is shown
as an A on the driver licence card.
At the end of your probationary period, the A condition will no
longer apply.
If you are required to drive a vehicle with an automatic
transmission, due to a specific medical condition, the condition will
apply regardless of whether you are a probationary driver or not.
This condition will be displayed as a ‘V’ condition on your driver
licence and/or learner permit card.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:50:41 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Noddy
Post by Noddy
A - Automatic transmission
If you pass your probationary drive test in a vehicle with an
automatic transmission, you can only drive vehicles with an automatic
transmission during your probationary period. This condition is shown
as an A on the driver licence card.
At the end of your probationary period, the A condition will no
longer apply.
If you are required to drive a vehicle with an automatic
transmission, due to a specific medical condition, the condition will
apply regardless of whether you are a probationary driver or not.
This condition will be displayed as a ‘V’ condition on your driver
licence and/or learner permit card.
Might have been the reason why my wife's licence no longer has a
restriction - time expired.

Makes you wonder how 3 years of driving an automatic car would suddenly
make you competent to drive a manual. Only in Victoria! ;-)
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
D Walford
2016-12-30 09:57:15 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Wouldn't apply to many of us but if you got a license before autos
became common say around the early 60's then a manual license was all
you could get.
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
Apologies, but when I made my earlier comment I didn't state things
correctly. There was only ever one type of driver's licence in Victoria
at least, but an "Automatic Transmission" condition was placed on it if
that's what was in the car you sat your test in, and for those that did
it was colloquially known as an "Auto licence".
My license has an "S" for spectacles condition on it so its much the
same sort of thing.

A former partner of mine
Post by D Walford
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/licence-conditions
I searched for when an auto license condition was first available but
couldn't find anything, my guess is it was sometime in the 70's.
Daryl
Noddy
2016-12-30 11:14:14 UTC
Post by D Walford
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/licence-conditions
I searched for when an auto license condition was first available but
couldn't find anything, my guess is it was sometime in the 70's.
I don't know, but it was around when I was a young kid as my mother
didn't learn to drive until I was around 6 or 7 or so, and and she
struggled with a manual initially and wanted to get an "auto licence"
but my old man wouldn't let her.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:45:58 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by D Walford
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/licence-conditions
It doesn't appear to have been applied to my wife's licence that she
gained in 1987.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:37:56 UTC
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
[...]
I had my full licence in April 1969 when I turned 17. I don't recall any
auto option though there was a place in the licence booklet for
restrictions. There were none in mine.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:20:13 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by D Walford
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
I had my full licence in April 1969 when I turned 17. I don't recall any
auto option though there was a place in the licence booklet for
restrictions. There were none in mine.
If you didn't sit your licence test in an auto car, then everything
you've mentioned has been as irrelevant as usual.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:41:04 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by D Walford
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
I had my full licence in April 1969 when I turned 17. I don't recall any
auto option though there was a place in the licence booklet for
restrictions. There were none in mine.
If you didn't sit your licence test in an auto car, then everything
you've mentioned has been as irrelevant as usual.
No one I knew at that time ever had one. There was a reason for that.
Autos were *almost* as rare as rocking horse turds.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 13:45:16 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
If you didn't sit your licence test in an auto car, then everything
you've mentioned has been as irrelevant as usual.
No one I knew at that time ever had one. There was a reason for that.
Autos were *almost* as rare as rocking horse turds.
So you claim, and all that suggests is that you come from some squalid
little backward arsed hisksville where about the most exciting thing you
could do was take turns at fucking your sister with your best friend.
Regards,
Noddy.
jonz@ nothere.com
2016-12-30 12:20:38 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
[...]
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

We kiwis were more enlightened. I got my licence on my 15th birthday. no ps, ls, or any sort of restrictions.
Post by Xeno
--
Xeno
First they ignore you,
Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:29:31 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Xeno
I had my full licence in April 1969 when I turned 17. I don't recall any
auto option though there was a place in the licence booklet for
restrictions. There were none in mine.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
We kiwis were more enlightened.
That's why you all come here
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:42:12 UTC
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Xeno
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
[...]
Bastard! We had Ls but no Ps. They came in some time after I had my
licence.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
jonz@ nothere.com
2016-12-30 13:22:39 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by jonz@ nothere.com
Post by Xeno
Post by D Walford
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
[...]
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
IIRC L`s came in a few years later, some crazy scheme that included drivers returning after disqualification....It got chucked. Prolly have a similar system to here now. Don`t know if the licencing age is the same.
Post by Xeno
--
Xeno
First they ignore you,
Mahatma Ghandi
F Murtz
I think it was auto only for a few years till you got full license
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:24:12 UTC
Post by F Murtz
Post by D Walford
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
I think it was auto only for a few years till you got full license
It wasn't for many years in Victoria.

It seems to be now, but for a long time if you had an "auto" condition
you had to sit a new test to get it removed.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:44:50 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by F Murtz
Post by D Walford
I don't remember there being an auto only license in 1970 when I got
mine, it may have existed but it would have been rare and I don't know
anyone in my age group who got their license when they were 18 having an
auto only license, females included.
I think it was auto only for a few years till you got full license
It wasn't for many years in Victoria.
It seems to be now, but for a long time if you had an "auto" condition
you had to sit a new test to get it removed.
That was what I had been told as well.... I never checked my wife's
licence in all those years so I have no verification of it. Now she has
no restrictions but that may have occurred on the transition to the NSW
licence.

3 agreements in the one evening - a miracle no less!
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:34:19 UTC
Post by F Murtz
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles. Obtaining a "manual" licence permitted you to drive
either, whereas an "auto" licence prohibited you from driving a manual.
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Vic was supposed to be the same, AFAIR, but that may have been after my
wife gained her licence in 87. As I've said in a previous post, her
current licence has no restrictions yet she definitely did her test in
an auto. I've always had a manual licence since day one.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:26:30 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by F Murtz
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Vic was supposed to be the same, AFAIR, but that may have been after my
wife gained her licence in 87. As I've said in a previous post, her
current licence has no restrictions yet she definitely did her test in
an auto. I've always had a manual licence since day one.
You don't have a "manual" licence, as such a thing doesn't exist for car
licences. You just have a licence that doesn't have an "auto" condition
attached to it.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:46:27 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by F Murtz
In NSW they had one license but used to endorse auto only if you did
your test in one, as I remember.
Vic was supposed to be the same, AFAIR, but that may have been after my
wife gained her licence in 87. As I've said in a previous post, her
current licence has no restrictions yet she definitely did her test in
an auto. I've always had a manual licence since day one.
You don't have a "manual" licence, as such a thing doesn't exist for car
licences. You just have a licence that doesn't have an "auto" condition
attached to it.
Yes, a manual licence, no restrictions. Default, as it were.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Xeno
2016-12-30 10:43:09 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles.
In your era Laddie, certainly not in *my* era.
Post by Noddy
Obtaining a "manual" licence permitted you to drive
either, whereas an "auto" licence prohibited you from driving a manual.
Penchant for stating the obvious much?
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 11:14:57 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
No, but they had separate licences for manual and automatic transmission
equipped vehicles.
In your era Laddie, certainly not in *my* era.
I'm sorry, but who gives a fuck about you?
Regards,
Noddy.
Jeßus
2016-12-30 04:40:31 UTC
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but it should be, unless you have a compelling reason why you
cannot.
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:11:03 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, but it should be, unless you have a compelling reason why you
cannot.
Crap! That's old school bullshit!
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Trevor
2016-12-30 08:03:51 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, you got an endorsed license for auto only. Not endorsed any more.

Trevor.
Noddy
2016-12-30 08:49:43 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, you got an endorsed license for auto only. Not endorsed any more.
It would be a *conditional* licence, wouldn't it?

An endorsement usually applies to something above and beyond the
mainstream, whereas a condition generally limits you to something.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 11:47:46 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, you got an endorsed license for auto only. Not endorsed any more.
It would be a *conditional* licence, wouldn't it?
An endorsement usually applies to something above and beyond the
mainstream, whereas a condition generally limits you to something.
Checks outside, are there two moons in the sky or something equally odd?
Twice in the same evening I am in agreement with you. Must be because
its the facts and you can't alter them. ;-)
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:31:42 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
It would be a *conditional* licence, wouldn't it?
An endorsement usually applies to something above and beyond the
mainstream, whereas a condition generally limits you to something.
Checks outside, are there two moons in the sky or something equally odd?
Twice in the same evening I am in agreement with you. Must be because
its the facts and you can't alter them. ;-)
You should stop bullshitting.

There. That's put an end to the agreement, right?
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:50:31 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
It would be a *conditional* licence, wouldn't it?
An endorsement usually applies to something above and beyond the
mainstream, whereas a condition generally limits you to something.
Checks outside, are there two moons in the sky or something equally odd?
Twice in the same evening I am in agreement with you. Must be because
its the facts and you can't alter them. ;-)
You should stop bullshitting.
There. That's put an end to the agreement, right?
No, because it's not possible for me to stop doing something that I'm
not doing in the first place.

The agreement still stands however - a 3rd instance recently occurred.
You will have to be more careful, this could be habit forming for you -
and what a change *that* would be. LOL
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 13:50:06 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Checks outside, are there two moons in the sky or something equally odd?
Twice in the same evening I am in agreement with you. Must be because
its the facts and you can't alter them. ;-)
You should stop bullshitting.
There. That's put an end to the agreement, right?
No, because it's not possible for me to stop doing something that I'm
not doing in the first place.
Serously, you are either *so* ridiculously deluded that you need
professional help, or you are a fucking *brilliant* comedian who
deserves his own late night TV show.

Either way, one thing you seem to be completely incapable of is telling
the truth about anything.
Post by Xeno
The agreement
Stick your fairy floss up your fat arse and concentrate on proving your
bullshit claims that I deleted posts.

Get on it, and stop pretending that we are "friends". I fucking hate you
with a passion and would happily see you die horribly.
Regards,
Noddy.
lindsay
2016-12-30 20:36:18 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Post by Trevor
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
No, you got an endorsed license for auto only. Not endorsed any more.
It would be a *conditional* licence, wouldn't it?
An endorsement usually applies to something above and beyond the
mainstream, whereas a condition generally limits you to something.
Checks outside, are there two moons in the sky or something equally odd?
Twice in the same evening I am in agreement with you. Must be because
its the facts and you can't alter them. ;-)
Bwahahahahahahahahaha You'd know ALL about altering the facts, Admiral
Outboard...
felix
I plan on living forever. So far so good!
Xeno
2016-12-30 10:25:07 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost
all learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much
now. And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I
certainly know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
When I was growing up there weren't enough autos to worry about the
issue. Even my mother learnt in a manual in 66 or 67. Later a rider was
put into the licence to indicate auto only. Manuals naturally had no
rider. This was Tasmania.

My wife learnt in a manual in Victoria, did the test in an auto, drove
an auto for a number of years 1987-1995, drove manuals later, no
problem. Her licence may have had a rider in there - auto only - but I
never looked at the time. Just looked now, NSW Licence, C class vehicle,
up to 12 passengers, 4.5 tonnes GVM, tractor, implement, no conditions
on her licence. She drove a manual from 1995-2010 and never had an issue
with the police. She still has her Vic licence somewhere, I will hunt it
up and have a look to see if there was a rider on that which was dropped
off on the transfer to NSW.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 11:23:29 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
When I was growing up there weren't enough autos to worry about the
issue. Even my mother learnt in a manual in 66 or 67. Later a rider was
put into the licence to indicate auto only. Manuals naturally had no
rider. This was Tasmania.
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's. By the end of the 1960's 4 out of every ten Ford Falcons was an
automatic. I have no reason to believe that Holden or Valiant buying
preferences would have been any different.

In short, there would have been *plenty* of automatic cars around when
you got your licence in the early 1970's.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 12:22:53 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
When I was growing up there weren't enough autos to worry about the
issue. Even my mother learnt in a manual in 66 or 67. Later a rider was
put into the licence to indicate auto only. Manuals naturally had no
rider. This was Tasmania.
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's.
What a steaming crock of shit!
Post by Noddy
By the end of the 1960's 4 out of every ten Ford Falcons was an
automatic. I have no reason to believe that Holden or Valiant buying
preferences would have been any different.
I can't speak for Victoria for I was never in that State in the 70s but,
rest assured, in Tasmania the ratio was much less. Might add, autos
weren't as long lived in those days so people tended to avoid them.
Maybe it's because I grew up in a rural area but autos simply weren't
popular.
Post by Noddy
In short, there would have been *plenty* of automatic cars around when
you got your licence in the early 1970's.
I got my licence in 1969 and we had maybe 3 customers with autos. By the
end of my apprenticeship there might have been 10 or so. That would have
been 2 or 3 % of our customers - at best! All of those auto owners were
elderly with one exception - the hardware store owner's son - and his
auto didn't last long enough anyway. Abuse does that to autos. I can say
that with some assurance since I used to do all the auto trans servicing
at the garage. We had a few blow-ins come in off the highway from time
to time but, by and large, the ratio of autos in that era was relatively
miniscule.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
Noddy
2016-12-30 12:40:45 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's.
What a steaming crock of shit!
Really? :)

The Ford Customline and Tank Fairlane were one of the largest selling
cars in the country in the latter half of the 1950's, and of those over
75% were automatics.

Wanna call bullshit on that too, do you?
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
By the end of the 1960's 4 out of every ten Ford Falcons was an
automatic. I have no reason to believe that Holden or Valiant buying
preferences would have been any different.
I can't speak for Victoria for I was never in that State in the 70s but,
rest assured, in Tasmania the ratio was much less.
Production figures would disagree with you, unless you think Tasmania
was in some way different to the rest of the country.
Post by Xeno
Might add, autos weren't as long lived in those days so people tended to avoid them.
Now who's coming up with the crock of shit? :)
Post by Xeno
Maybe it's because I grew up in a rural area but autos simply weren't
popular.
Auto's may not have been popular in *your* little shithole. For the rest
of the county nearly half the Australian made car buying public were
ticking the "auto" box when placing their order by 1970.
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
In short, there would have been *plenty* of automatic cars around when
you got your licence in the early 1970's.
I got my licence in 1969 and we had maybe 3 customers with autos.
Who is "we"? You and your pregnant sister?
Post by Xeno
By the end of my apprenticeship there might have been 10 or so. That would have
been 2 or 3 % of our customers - at best!
Man, you must have lived in Bumfuck Junction. Did you have any TV sets
in town back then?

All of those auto owners were

Save it. I'm not interested in your bullshit filler.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 13:10:43 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's.
What a steaming crock of shit!
Really? :)
The Ford Customline and Tank Fairlane were one of the largest selling
cars in the country in the latter half of the 1950's, and of those over
75% were automatics.
Wanna call bullshit on that too, do you?
You can cite those figures for Australia. I used to see a lot of those
during my apprenticeship era and never saw a single auto. The only auto
I recall was was the local hearse, a converted Ranch Wagon or similar.
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
By the end of the 1960's 4 out of every ten Ford Falcons was an
automatic. I have no reason to believe that Holden or Valiant buying
preferences would have been any different.
I can't speak for Victoria for I was never in that State in the 70s but,
rest assured, in Tasmania the ratio was much less.
Production figures would disagree with you, unless you think Tasmania
was in some way different to the rest of the country.
You think it isn't?
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Might add, autos weren't as long lived in those days so people tended to avoid them.
Now who's coming up with the crock of shit? :)
You because I worked on them in those days. Servicing them properly was
critical, especially if you were towing.
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
In short, there would have been *plenty* of automatic cars around when
you got your licence in the early 1970's.
I got my licence in 1969 and we had maybe 3 customers with autos.
Who is "we"? You and your pregnant sister?
Customers. I fail to see where my sister figures in this as she didn't
have a licence then nor did she own a car.
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
By the end of my apprenticeship there might have been 10 or so. That would have
been 2 or 3 % of our customers - at best!
Man, you must have lived in Bumfuck Junction.
Your favourite town by any chance? You seem rather anally obsessed!
Post by Noddy
Did you have any TV sets in town back then?
Yep, not long after Melbourne got TV in fact.

Mahatma Ghandi
felix
2016-12-30 21:46:23 UTC
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Post by Xeno
Post by felix
wasn't it compulsory once to be able to drive a manual to get a licence?
When I was growing up there weren't enough autos to worry about the
issue. Even my mother learnt in a manual in 66 or 67. Later a rider was
put into the licence to indicate auto only. Manuals naturally had no
rider. This was Tasmania.
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's.
What a steaming crock of shit!
certainly untrue. everyone drove manuals. our family car had the gear
shift on the steering wheel! a Hillman I think
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
By the end of the 1960's 4 out of every ten Ford Falcons was an
automatic. I have no reason to believe that Holden or Valiant buying
preferences would have been any different.
I can't speak for Victoria for I was never in that State in the 70s
but, rest assured, in Tasmania the ratio was much less. Might add,
autos weren't as long lived in those days so people tended to avoid them.
yes, that was common. more expensive to buy an auto car, more likely to
break down, and more expensive to repair
Noddy
2016-12-31 01:15:19 UTC
Post by felix
Post by Xeno
Post by Noddy
Please, enough with the bullshit. You're only ten years older than me,
and automatic transmission equipped cars were becoming common in the
1950's.
What a steaming crock of shit!
certainly untrue. everyone drove manuals. our family car had the gear
shift on the steering wheel! a Hillman I think
*Everyone* drove manuals, did they?

Ford sold 70 thousand XP Falcons between February 1965 and September
1966, and of those almost 40% were automatics. That's around 28 thousand
cars from Ford alone, and I imagine Holden and Chrysler has similar
production numbers.

What did they do with all those "auto" cars if "everyone drove manuals"? :)
Post by felix
Post by Xeno
I can't speak for Victoria for I was never in that State in the 70s
but, rest assured, in Tasmania the ratio was much less. Might add,
autos weren't as long lived in those days so people tended to avoid them.
yes, that was common. more expensive to buy an auto car, more likely to
break down, and more expensive to repair
Jesus, talk about steaming crocks of shit :)

Tell me Felix. What exactly was it about an automatic transmission
equipped car that made or "more likely to break down"?

Oh, and Krypsis, I'm asking *Felix*. He made the claim, and I'd like
*him* to answer my question without *you* attempting to be his
unofficial spokesperson.
Regards,
Noddy.
Xeno
2016-12-30 10:00:27 UTC
Post by Trevor
Post by Jeßus
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Plenty of Aussies can't drive a manual now. Once upon a time almost all
learners drove a manual to get their license at least, not so much now.
And new manual car sales are minuscule compared to auto's. I certainly
know many women who have never driven a manual in their life.
Trevor.
I made my wife drive a manual when I bought a (near) new car. It was
cheap, at the right time and, unfortunately for her, a manual.
Regardless, she went out and did a few lessons, then drove manuals for
years until we bought the 2010 Corolla. That was auto and so have
subsequent cars we own.
--
Xeno

First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
Then they fight you,
Then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
D Walford
2016-12-30 03:40:56 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
On a tangent, over here people refer to the right-hand pedal of a car
or truck as the "gas pedal", even the vehicle burns diesel. Others
call it the "accelerator", though the middle pedal and steering wheel
also cause acceleration.
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Always cracks me up when you hear about a car jacking over there and
the crims can't get away because they can't use a gear shifter or
clutch :)
We had a car stolen in the late 70's, it was a manual Austin 1800, the
cops found it abandoned a few kms away with a burnt out clutch, the cops
said they knew who the thief was because of the clutch, the thief
couldn't drive a manual so they went around to his place and arrested him:-)
Daryl
Jeßus
LOL, love it :)
BruceS
2016-12-30 16:15:55 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
On a tangent, over here people refer to the right-hand pedal of a car
or truck as the "gas pedal", even the vehicle burns diesel. Others
call it the "accelerator", though the middle pedal and steering wheel
also cause acceleration.
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Always cracks me up when you hear about a car jacking over there and
the crims can't get away because they can't use a gear shifter or
clutch :)
There's a meme showing a shifter and calling it a millennial anti-theft
device. Our daughter had no choice about learning to drive a standard,
since that's all we have. It's always a bit weird to me renting a car,
since all they offer here are automatics. We currently have four motor
vehicles, all with standards---two cars with stick shifts and two bikes
with foot shifting (the usual).
Jeßus
2016-12-30 19:38:53 UTC
Post by BruceS
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
On a tangent, over here people refer to the right-hand pedal of a car
or truck as the "gas pedal", even the vehicle burns diesel. Others
call it the "accelerator", though the middle pedal and steering wheel
also cause acceleration.
Not mention the 'stick shift'. It boggles the (non-U.S) mind that so
few of them can drive a manual.
Always cracks me up when you hear about a car jacking over there and
the crims can't get away because they can't use a gear shifter or
clutch :)
There's a meme showing a shifter and calling it a millennial anti-theft
device.
LOL.
Post by BruceS
Our daughter had no choice about learning to drive a standard,
since that's all we have. It's always a bit weird to me renting a car,
since all they offer here are automatics. We currently have four motor
vehicles, all with standards---two cars with stick shifts and two bikes
with foot shifting (the usual).
I've tended to avoid autos. I had an XE ute years ago that was an
auto, also an ZK Fairland around the same time. The only other auto is
the XM Falcon I currently have. That said, I'm planning on buying an
RX 330 Lexus sometime next year which is of course an auto.
BruceS
2016-12-31 00:18:01 UTC
Post by Jeßus
Post by BruceS
Post by BruceS
Our daughter had no choice about learning to drive a standard,
since that's all we have. It's always a bit weird to me renting a car,
since all they offer here are automatics. We currently have four motor
vehicles, all with standards---two cars with stick shifts and two bikes
with foot shifting (the usual).
I've tended to avoid autos. I had an XE ute years ago that was an
auto, also an ZK Fairland around the same time. The only other auto is
the XM Falcon I currently have. That said, I'm planning on buying an
RX 330 Lexus sometime next year which is of course an auto.
We just bought a new car for my wife, so I expect it to be so long
before we buy another car (mine's only 8 years old) that we'll have
to not only get an auto, but all kinds of other crap we don't want.
I've been curious about the "double clutch" transmissions, like the
Porsche PDK, but still haven't tried one out. It's essentially a pair
of manual transmissions (mechanically), one for the odd gears and one
for the even. Somehow I suspect it will be just a few steps above the
old "tiptronic" kind of thing, where you'd have shifter controls on an
auto tranny.