Why is Sedo Transport selling cheap cars?
Ozix
2024-02-17 09:15:42 UTC
On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling me
to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I noticed
the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap prices.
What scam is this?
Keithr0
In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.
Ozix
2024-02-18 01:54:43 UTC
Post by Keithr0
Post by Ozix
On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap
prices.
What scam is this?
In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.
Looks like it. They tell me the car is in their Mount Isa yard. If I
were in Tennant Creek, I could probably drive there and back in a day to
inspect it. So I guess they are hoping someone is gullible enough to buy
it sight unseen.
Noddy
2024-02-18 04:48:46 UTC
Post by Keithr0
Post by Ozix
On FBMP, I saw a bargain listed only an hour earlier, it was $5k less
than the next cheapest of the same model. In photos, it looks to be
pristine condition, so I sent a message. Next day they reply telling
me to contact Sedo Transport with details of the car I want. Then I
noticed the same person on Facebook had 17 vehicles for sale for cheap
prices.
What scam is this?
In my experience anything advertised cheap on FB is a scam.
You might want to broaden your experience a bit :)

I've had some very good deals on Market place with stuff advertised
cheaply, just like I have on Ebay, Gumtree or anywhere else. There are
some genuine people out there who just want stuff gone quickly and will
advertise stuff at a cheap price just to get rid of it, and then there
are the shonks looking to stooge people.

The key is in being able to tell the difference. The golden rule is
"Caveat Emptor", and it applies equally to any venue. Don't send money
to people you don't know unless you're using a payment method that
guarantees a refund if the deal goes South.

It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
people out there....
Regards,
Noddy.
alvey
2024-02-18 23:32:46 UTC
Noddy wrote:

snip usual lecturing, self-glorifying lack of pies.
Post by Noddy
It's not hard. The problem is that there are some incredibly stupid
people out there....
That's nice. Fraudster giving a shout out to the rest of the FLC.

alvey
Daryl
2024-02-19 04:17:14 UTC
Post by Noddy
Post by Keithr0
Post by Ozix
[...]
I just bought, as in received today a pair of camshafts for a Honda
B20A6 engine out of a 1989 Honda Prelude on marketplace from a bloke in
ACT, they are like hens teeth to find so I paid $150.00 plus $25.00
postage and they are in great condition so happy with the deal.
I can get new cams from Japan but at almost $500 each that was never
going to happen.
I'm rebuilding the engine for my son who is restoring the car, don't
know how but when he was dismantling the engine the exhaust cam was
damaged as in snapped in half and finding cams hasn't been easy but very
happy with the ones I found on FB marketplace.
--
Daryl