Apple gives up on making a car
Keithr0
2024-02-28 03:25:05 UTC
It's probably just as well, being Apple, it would come at a "Premium
price point", require special Apple tyres and oil, the body would be
glued together rather than welded, and you'd have to download regular
updates through iTunes. However, it would be delivered in a very pretty
white box.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/after-a-decade-of-stops-and-starts-apple-kills-its-electric-car-project/
Daryl
2024-02-28 05:08:38 UTC
Post by Keithr0
It's probably just as well, being Apple, it would come at a "Premium
price point", require special Apple tyres and oil, the body would be
glued together rather than welded, and you'd have to download regular
updates through iTunes. However, it would be delivered in a very pretty
white box.
LOL.
Post by Keithr0
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/after-a-decade-of-stops-and-starts-apple-kills-its-electric-car-project/
Good result, I prefer to buy cars from companies that have been in the
car business for a very long time, I don't like idea of buying a car
from a phone/computer company or any recent "start up".
Daryl
Noddy
2024-02-28 06:11:26 UTC
Post by Keithr0
It's probably just as well, being Apple, it would come at a "Premium
price point", require special Apple tyres and oil, the body would be
glued together rather than welded, and you'd have to download regular
updates through iTunes. However, it would be delivered in a very pretty
white box.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/after-a-decade-of-stops-and-starts-apple-kills-its-electric-car-project/
Good job.

They've clearly got little to do with their time and money. Maybe they
could feel good about themselves by giving to charity or medical
research instead of wasting it on stupid projects like this.
Regards,
Noddy.
Clocky
2024-02-29 02:59:08 UTC
Post by Keithr0
It's probably just as well, being Apple, it would come at a "Premium
price point", require special Apple tyres and oil, the body would be
glued together rather than welded, and you'd have to download regular
updates through iTunes. However, it would be delivered in a very pretty
white box.
...and don't forget - they will claim they invented the car.
Post by Keithr0
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/after-a-decade-of-stops-and-starts-apple-kills-its-electric-car-project/
--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."
Keithr0

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/03/apple-blew-10-billion-on-failed-car-project-considered-buying-tesla/
Daryl
2024-03-09 01:08:15 UTC
Post by Keithr0
Post by Keithr0
It's probably just as well, being Apple, it would come at a "Premium
price point", require special Apple tyres and oil, the body would be
glued together rather than welded, and you'd have to download regular
updates through iTunes. However, it would be delivered in a very
pretty white box.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/after-a-decade-of-stops-and-starts-apple-kills-its-electric-car-project/
Update
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/03/apple-blew-10-billion-on-failed-car-project-considered-buying-tesla/
Developing a new car from scratch is hugely expensive as Apple found out.
Makes no sense to me to buy a car from a start up, I prefer to buy cars
from companies that have been in the car making business for a very long
time.
--
Daryl